Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and we had a wonderful time. We hope you all did too. We even woke up to a little bit of snow on the ground! It didn't last all day, but it was fun to see. We had the dinner at our house. And the turkey tasted great, if I do say so myself! I will say however, that preparing the turkey is disgusting! It was all slimy, I didn't know where to find the giblets (I think that's what they're called) and I swear that the head was still connected.



The top didn't get brown (it actually looked quite disgustingly slimy to me), but we checked the temperature and it was done. But all in all, I think it was a good first (honestly I would be ok if it was the last) turkey cooking experience. And the stuffing inside the turkey... fabulous. I've never had it that way, but everyone said it was required, so I attempted to make it. I was told it tasted good. I tell ya, Debbie's cooking is a lot to live up to! I recommend to my family to try stuffing in the turkey. It was great!




Anyway, it was a great day. We had us of course, Janette, Brandon and their two kids: Noah and Isabelle, and James, Amelia, and Mariah. It was a full house, especially in our little apartment! We had lots of salads, potatoes, and some really great pies! It is so fun being with family.





This was Brielle's idea of a good celebration. She slept through almost the whole dinner! She had a good reason, though. She had a little fever from her shots. Isn't she such a cute little sleeper!



Unfortunately Rob's dad is still recovering from his stem cell transplant, so we couldn't be with them too, but hopefully he'll start feeling better. The transplant went well, but I think it will be at least another week until we know if his body will accept the new stem cells. We are keeping him in our prayers always. We also would like to wish them a happy anniversary! Today is their 30th wedding anniversary. Congratulations!!


Also, while we weren't able to be with my family back in Utah, we were able to talk to them and see them on Skype. There were lots of people there that we were able to chat with, it was great! We are very excited to be able to go to Utah in just over one month to spend some time with family there.


Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Jordan said...

I am so dang impressed with you! If I had Thanksgiving at my house we would be having thanksgiving McDonald's style!

Anna said...

love the new back ground