Wednesday, November 21, 2007

4 Month Doctor Appointment


Brielle's 4 month dr appointment was today. She didn't like it nearly as much as her 2 month appt. but as soon as her doctor started talking to us she looked at him, as if listening to all he was telling us. He commented on how attentive and active she is, and we very much agree.


I have to point out, from reading Krystal's blog, that Brielle is not as chubby as her Grandma Kolts thinks she is. She weighed in at 13lbs 14 oz (54th percentile), and 24 1/4" long (47th percentile).


Poor little girl did not like her shots, of course who does? She did so good, and after we left, she slept for almost 2 hours. (Which is amazing for her; her normal naps are almost always exactly 30 minutes. I don't know how she times it the same every time!) She is such a fun baby.


Her doctor also said that we can/should start feeding her rice cereal anytime now! That will be so cute!!! He also said that she is a very social baby. It's fun, but has been kind of getting in the way of feeding her sometimes. She is just so interested in everything around her, and if her daddy says anything, it's hopeless.


She has to look out, because if she doesn't, of course she'll miss something. We are so grateful for our little bundle of joy! She has brought so much happiness into our lives. While I have never really felt like I knew my reason or place in life, I now know that being my baby's mother is my calling. It's hard work, but so much more rewarding than anything else I could be doing with my life.


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We love you all!


2 comments:

Anna said...

Apparently looks are deceiving. :) she did seem chubby but really those stats aren't that chubby. All i know is she is a doll.

Ange said...

Amen to that bit about the calling, Chalece. I agree. It's wonderful, ain't it?