Monday, July 2, 2007

36 Weeks.. The Final Count Down








So Rob and I are going to become parents this month!  (For those of you with comments of doubt, please keep them to yourself!)  While my due date is July 31, I have every hope in the world that she will come early (or at least not late!).  I have hit the point where I'm ready to be done and Rob and I both want to meet little Brielle!!  Each day that passes we are getting more and more ready to meet our baby.
 
We are enjoying this last little bit of "alone" time by going on long walks, and acknowledging the fact that when we want to go somewhere (anywhere) we can just up and go.  Yesterday was very possibly our last fast sunday being without a child!  Oh my goodness!!!  I've been taking naps frequently throughout the day (you probably aren't surprised that that's the advice I'm told most by those who already have kids) and am trying to catch up on the scrapbooking so that when Brielle comes, I can do stuff of her.  I'm doing very well, I think.  I'm up to the beginning of 2007.  Don't be too impressed though... when I say scrapbooking, I mean putting pictures (as many as I can get to tactfully fit onto a page of 8 1/2 x 11 colored cardstock) onto the paper and decorating with a little bit of black ink.  But it's the thought that counts, right?  I figure in 10 years (or for me 10 minutes) I will be able to look at the pages I've done and not wonder why I wasted so much time and money.  I'm being very practical, I think.


Anyway, enough of that.  Rob and I went to Lake Calhoun today and walked around.  This is the state of 10,000 lakes you know.  It was a great day to go on a walk.  We are loving living in Minneapolis, the only thing we would change is how close we are to downtown (with all the traffic).  But we just try to avoid all highways during rush hours, and we seem to do great.  We are so excited to start our family here, and have loved living closer to Rob's family.  And while all our family in Utah has been greatly missed, we have had great experiences out here, and we know that this is where we're supposed to be.

We were able to visit Rob's sister Janette and her family a couple weekends ago.  We had a blast.  We celebrated Rob's birthday at their house.  Janette was wonderful enough to make him his birthday dinner (since we drove 3 hours and I couldn't help!) of barbequed ribs and fettucini alfredo, his request for dinner every year!  It was wonderful, and we enjoyed every minute with the Mattson family.  Their kids are adorable!  

2 comments:

Anna said...

yay!!! I have been keeping an eye on your blog to see if you would put pictures of your trip to Janette's on there. Sounds like you had fun. I can't believe your little girl is coming so soon now. That is so exciting. Before you know it she'll be big and you'll have a second one. Its so fun being a mom. I can't wait to get the call saying you've had her, oh yes you better call even if its 2 a.m.

Anna

Anonymous said...

Well you just look so dang cute in those pictures!! When I was 36 weeks...heck from like 20 weeks on, I avoided any camera like crazy...but then again you didn't gain a billion lbs being pregnant like me! You are still the cute pregnant girl....But not for much longer!!!!!!